Vin DiCarlo – Pandora’s Box
A first I had high hopes that perhaps Vin DiCarlo and his new Pandora’s Box personality system would dethrone Mr. L. Rx and his Dating To Relating system as the #1 system for approaching and meeting women. Even though Vin DiCarlo evolved from a PUA background, I thought he may have seen the light and learned how things really worked. His eight different personality types and his website that trains you on each had a ring of workability about it that seemed to surpass Dating To Relating in simplicity of approach if nothing else.
But after studying and applying Vin DiCarlo’s Pandora Box system for about two months now, I am not sure that I can even recommend it in overall value over my existing #2 recommendation, David Deangelo and Double Your Dating. Though I feel that Vin Dicarlo’s approach is definitely superior to David Deangelo’s approach, I feel that the combined study of Dating To Relating and Double Your Dating is still superior to the combined study of Dating To Relating and Pandora’s box.
However, as a system I would say I definitely would put Vin DiCarlo and Pandora’s Box ahead of The Mystery Method (or Love Systems) and Neil Strauss’s materials.
The problems I had with Vin’s system are:
1) The eight types didn’t seem to fit all women. I could continually come up with exceptions to his typing scheme. His thoughts and research I found to be very useful in understanding some women I knew, but overall the system has gaps in “personality typing.”
2) The intention of the system seems to be tied into PUA philosophy which I don’t agree with. PUA philosophy is sort of a chauvinistic, macho philosophy that wants to use women for a man’s pleasure. PUAs are into sex with lots of women more than they are into meeting the ideal woman and establishing a relationship with her.
Now, don’t get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with this if that is what you are into. But I am not, and I don’t think the majority of men are into that either. I believe the majority of men are just like me and want to know how to meet the woman of their dreams and marry her and never lose her. So I believe the majority of men need a product that addresses this.
Vin Dicarlo, says conflicting statements on this. He says that his system is so powerful that men have to be responsible with his system and not hurt women with it, but I think this was just sales hype rather than true intention. His true intention comes out when he states the goal of the Pandora’s Box System. Vin says that “We defined the goal of Pandora’s box System as TOTAL DEVOTION … and by total devotion I mean she is willing to give up her current life plans, and devote her entire being to supporting you on your journey … making you her first priority above everything else, including her family.”
Now this may sound cool to an immature guy who lacks experience in relationships, but I have had TOTAL DEVOTION and it is quite insane and not needed or wanted. I am looking for a woman who is my equal, my companion and friend, my soul mate if you will,(and who just happens to be really hot!) I don’t want the zombie/slave thing…Been there, done that. No good!
Mr. L. Rx’s system can be used by PUAs to achieve the zombie/slave thing if that is what is wanted, or to just get laid every night, but what I respect about Mr. L. Rx and Dating To Relating, is that this is not the goal. So a PUA and a man like me can both get what we want out of Dating To Relating, because Dating To Relating’s focus is on understanding women and attracting and communicating to them effectively. Dating To Relating doesn’t have a hidden agenda to manipulate and control women, although it can be used for that if that is your wishes.
3) The other problem I had with Vin Dicarlo’s Pandoras Box is that although there is an appeal of a website that tells you everything to do with the personality type, his “typing” software didn’t work well. I entered in several girls and answered all the questions correctly, yet it came back with a type that wasn’t the right one. I had to go to the manual and read his materials to figure out the right type.
4) Then there is the cost. Vin Dicarlo’s system is way more expensive then Dating To Relating. The core Pandora’s box system is $69.95 , but the killer is you have to pay $24.77 a week to get the full system (totals about $800.00) and you have to wait a week to get each video on the different personality types. (Takes 8 months to get all the videos.)
So, all in all, Vin’s system does not replace Dating To Relating as the best, and although I like his approach, I think I still recommend David Deangelo’s materials (especially the dating guru series because some of the guys in that series also have a personality approach) above Vin DiCarlo’s materials.
I would like it if Dating To Relating II (Coming out some time next year, I hear) would come out with some more defined types, but, all in all, Dating To Relating’s strength is that it is a floating personality system with types you can define for yourself and in relation to you.
In fact, Mr. L. Rx writes a dating advice column for newspapers and here is a short article that he wrote about personality based systems for meeting and relating to women:
Question: Mr. L. Rx, there are some other dating gurus who have personality based approaches to meeting women. I tried **** and **** but they didn’t get anywhere near the eighty to ninety percent results that you claim for your system. Since you also champion the use of approaching different women with different strategies, can you tell me why these systems didn’t work very well?
Answer: Our system is a technology not a strategy. From a technology you can develop strategies. The systems that you refer to are strategy systems and will work better than the dating gurus who have one strategy for all women, but won’t work as well as our technology.
For a “personality” based system to work it has to consider several things that the above systems don’t consider.
1) People have a social personality and a real personality. Interviewing people isn’t a good way to assess the truth about personality because people don’t tell you the truth. Also the things that people say and the way that they act when you first meet them is not their true personality. There are ways to get at this information quickly, but you have to be cognizant of the fact that people have social personalities and real personalities to get at this information. The Dating To Relating technology allows you to do this.
2) Both men and women have variable personalities. For any personality based system to be effective in establishing long term relationships (not one night stands) you have to take into account the personality of the man who is approaching in addition to the personality of the woman who is being approached. The systems you refer to do not have such a variable. They simply characterize women into different groups but then don’t account for the different personalities among the men who are approaching these women.
3) There are a lot more personality types than the eight and three personality types that the two systems you refer to above respectively divide women into. There are at least ten major personality types that I have approached and probably another twenty, or so, types when you count the personality types that are variations on the above themes. In addition to that, you have the problem that even within a personality type you will not always get consistent behavior. People within the same personality type can express themselves differently. You need a way to account for all of this.
4) There are also situational variables. There is actually no such thing as a “personality type”. People usually are a compilation of several different personality types and exhibit behavior of several different personality types in different situations. So a person may be one personality type when alone, another personality type when with friends, yet another when at church, etc.
For all of the above reasons, this is why a technology is needed that can develop strategies on the fly rather than just memorizing approaches to a limited number of personality types. This is what “Dating To Relating” is. It is a technology of how to meet and relate to women and a way of developing an unlimited amount of your own strategies of how to meet and relate to women. It is not one strategy (which is what most of the dating guru systems are) and not a collection of strategies (which is what a few of the better dating guru systems are).
Having said that, however, the systems that acknowledge and use multiple personality strategies are vastly superior to most of the dating systems out there. Most of the systems espouse one strategy and as a result will only work ten percent of the time. The systems that acknowledge and use a number of dating strategies will improve upon that success ratio considerably.
I would encourage you to study any of these kinds of systems as long as you integrate it with the Dating To Relating technology. Integrating these other systems with “Dating To Relating” technology will allow you to fill in the gaps that these systems will have and give you a fuller understanding or what is really going on.
Mr. L. Rx
Vin DiCarlo And Pandora’s Box – Final Analysis
In the final analysis I believe that all the things Mr. L. Rx has written in the above article apply to Vin DiCarlo’s Pandora’s Box System.